A. Go to: Native Pre-Contact Housing
1. Name 2 types of Native American houses that are featured on this website. (answers may vary)
2. Click on the, early Navajo earth-covered hogan.
What are the 5 faces of the hogan called?
(Hint: this information appears in the 5th paragraph on this website)
B. Go to: Native Americans
1. Scroll down and click on the title, Glossary of Indian Name.
What does Alaska mean? ____________________________________
What does Sioux mean? ____________________________________
2. Use the Back button and click on, Stories Around the Campfire.
Read two stories under Talking Head Stories.
What two stories did you read? __________________________ & _____________________
C. Go to: Native Tech: Games and Toys
1. Name 3 games that early Native Americans played that are listed on this website. (Answers may vary)
2. Click on,
Some Other Games.
How is the game, Lacrosse, played?
D. To Go: First Americans: American History
1. What are the five cultural bands listed on the map on this website?
2. Who were the first Americans?
3. Fill in the blanks in this statement using the information on this website as your guide.
People living near each other tended to share _____________ and ___________. Areas of similarity are called ___________ _____________.
E. Go to: First Americans: Iroquois Confederacy
1. What does the name, Iroquois, mean?
2. Where does the Iroquois tribe live?
3. What type of government did the Iroquois
4. What country modeled its government after the Iroquois tribe?
F. When you are finished, you may want to try to play some traditional Native American games!
Go to: Native Tech: Games & Toys
Scroll down to:
NativeTech's Interactive Games!
Choose a Game to Play