Reconstruction Internet Scavenger Hunt
Use the information provided by the following links to answer the questions below.
1. What was the Reconstruction?
2. Paraphrase the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, and provide the date that it was ratified.
3. Who were the Radical Republicans, and what did they believe?
What did the Radical Republicans attempt to do to
B) How close did they come to doing so?
6. What was sharecropping, and was it good or bad for newly freed black Southerners (why)?
7. What were Black Codes, and what did the Radical Republicans do in response to their creation?
8. What was the purpose of the Freedmenís Bureau?
9. What did the Military Reconstruction Acts call for?
10. What Civil War hero became President in 1868?
11. Paraphrase the 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, and provide the dates that each was ratified on.
12. What was the purpose of the Ku Klux Klan?
13. How did the "New South" differ from the antebellum South?