Lesson: Compare and Contrast Life in the 1770's and Now: The teacher and students will discuss how you think Independence Hall and the people might be alike or different from the 1770's and now. NOTE: This NEEDS to be modeled by the teacher before it is an assignment. The directions are listed if the children have problems.
1. Think about these issues comparing life now and in the 1770's.
2. Next your will click open the Read Write Think Interactive Venn Diagram.
3. Do these steps
4. Go to Enter Concept and type in your first answer. Example: Long Hair Then go to the Concept Description and type in Example Long ago, men had long hair.) The first concept box HAS TO HAVE A SHORT answer. Then you will write more in the second box to describe it.
5. Now click on go to the "Enter Concept" and click and drag the button with the little red tag to the "Long Ago" section.
6. Enter Concept and type in your next answer. Example: Short Hair Then go to the Concept Description and type in your next answer. (Example: Now men have short hair.)
7. Now you will do a topic that things were the same. Go to Enter concept and type a short answer "US Proud". Then enter the description "The people now and long ago were proud of the US."
8. Now drag that to the "middle section" of the Venn Diagram and continue with this project and print.