Social Studies Activity Title: Can you explain who your grandparents are?
Targeted GLEs: SS.2.10.45, SS.2.10.46, SS.2.11.49, SS.2.2.9, SS.2.3.12, SS.2.3.14
Score Cyberguide for Now One Foot, Now Another Lesson Plan may help with this lesson.
1. CyberGuide for Now One Foot, Now the Other by Tomie dePaola was developed as part of the Schools of California Online Resources for Educators (SCORE) Project, funded by the California Technology Assistance Program (CTAP).
2. Read "Now
One Foot, Now the Other" and discuss the relationship of grandson and
3. Ask the students to describe their grandparent relationships. Make a chart of activities of what a child share or do with their grandparents. Students can make a timeline of events with grandparents
· Interactive Timeline Maker Read Write and Think Site
Using a family Family Tree printable, the children and the
teacher will create a family tree for Bob.
Use the terms mom, dad, (parents), and Bob and grandmother and grandfather.
5. Read "Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs" and repeat the process above.
6. Optional: Get grandparents to come read to the students or have a "Grandparent Event in the
dePaola, Tomie; Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs; G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1973
dePaola, Tomie; Now One Foot, Now the Other; Putnam Publishing Group,1981
dePaola, Tomie; Tom; Putnam, 1993