“Trail of Louisiana Indians”
Social Studies Unit 1: Aspects of a Community: It’s History
HOTS Questions: What is Poverty Point? How is it a landmark? Can you explain the difference between Louisiana Indians now and long ago?
· SS.2.1.2: Describe basic characteristics of maps and globes
· SS.2.1.4: Identify geographical features in the local region
· SS.2.10.46: Identify similarities and differences in communities over time
· SS.2.10.47: Identify sources where historical information can be found and how that information can be used
· SS.2.12.50: Identify and describe the significance of various community landmarks and symbols
· SS.2.2.8: Identify examples of various landforms
· ELA.2.3.27: Write legible short paragraphs using proper indentation
· ELA.2.3.28: Use standard English punctuation
· ELA.2.3.30: Write using standard English structure and usage, including: ;subject verb agreement in simple and compound sentences ;past and present verb tenses ;noun and pronoun antecedent agreement ;transitional words and conjunctions in sentences ;prepositions and prepositional phrases ;possessive nouns ;adverbs, especially those related to time
1. Louisiana Indian Landmark: Poverty Point Informational Internet sites to share with the children.
3. Evaluation: Map, rough draft of "Louisiana Indians"