Vermilion Parish Fine Arts
A Video Presentation
Combining students from all four sections of the Fine Arts Survey Course at Kaplan High School, this project is the result of many hours of hard work by students from Regular Education, the GED/Options Program, and the Special Education Program at KHS.
Students worked in small groups, manipulating digital images and musical excerpts to create their desired effect: a video representation of the destruction to South Louisiana caused by Hurricane Rita.
To view the final project, please click HERE . (This is a very large file, and will take several minutes to download!)
For candid pictures of our students working on this project, please scroll down to the photo gallery below.
Here are some of the Louisiana Standards and References linked to this Unit:
LA Non Core Standards
- A.MAP.9-12.H3 Analyze and express the impact of music on intellect and emotions (LA Non Core Standards)
- A.MAP.9-12.H5 Question/weigh evidence and information, examine intuitive reactions, and articulate personal attitudes toward musical works (LA Non Core Standards)
- A.MAP.9-12.H6 Evaluate and discuss appropriateness of behavior for different types of musical environments (LA Non Core Standards)
- A.VACE.9-12.H1 Produce works of art that successfully convey a central theme based on imagery, ideas, feelings, and memories (LA Non Core Standards)
- A.VACE.9-12.H2 Apply a variety of media, techniques, technologies, and processes for visual expression and communication (LA Non Core Standards)