Eager to Learn
**Students are given PBS pirate bucks for exhibiting our expectations. Pirate bucks are used for special events, the KES concession stand and store.
PBS = Positive Behavior Support.
1. Follow Directions at all times.
2. Use your manners.
3. Raise your hand to speak or to get out of your desk.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Keep you hands to yourself
This policy is in accordance with Vermilion Parish & Kaplan Elementary guidelines:
1. A Warning is given the first time a rule is broken. Any serious offences will result in a pink ticket
and/or directly sent to the office.
2. The second time a rule is broken the student moves his/her clip to the opposite side of the smiley face
and the student misses a recess.
The third time a rule is broken the clip is moved to the straight face and a recess is taken.
The fourth time the clip is moved to the frown face and a pink ticket is given.
3. When a pink ticket is given: a consequence note is sent home and all recesses are taken the next day.
**If the rule is broken in the same day after the pink ticket, an office referral is given.
4. The fifth time and any other rules broken will result in a pink ticket and consequence letter.
Upon the third consequence, a conference with the parents will be requested.
5. After the third pink ticket is given in a week, the student will be officially referred to the office and a
discipline report will be recorded in the student's official record.