Development

 

The Development process at Mount Carmel has provided many avenues for involvement in our school. Our long-range plan has involved faculty and staff, parents, grandparents, alumni and friends. This involvement has made Mount Carmel a better place for the education of young people in our community, and has kept the tradition of quality Catholic education alive. Taking a vested interest in the institution that educates our young children strengthens the future of our community and our country. There are many opportunities for you to become involved in the Development process. Please call the Development Office if you are interested in learning more. Tuition alone cannot meet the cost of educating our children at Mount Carmel. There are various ways that donations can help in the educational process. There are funds that have been created that can help all students at Mount Carmel. If you are interested in making a donation to these funds or have questions, please call the Development Office for further details.

Alan J. Sonnier Fund

The family of Alan Sonnier established this fund to honor Alan James Sonnier, a graduate of Mount Carmel Elementary. Alan held a strong belief in Catholic education, and believed that the Arts played an important part in this education. Donations to this fund are used to enhance the Arts at Mount Carmel Elementary.

Dr. Harold G. Trahan, Sr. Fund

Dr. & Mrs. Harold G. Trahan, Sr. established this fund. The Trahans, having had all six of their children graduate from Mount Carmel, strongly believed that all children should have the opportunity to be part of the Catholic school system. All donations made to this fund are used to help defray tuition costs for currently enrolled students in financial need. Selection is made at the discretion of the Mount Carmel administration. 

George and Grace Veazey Hope Scholarship

George and Grace Veazey believed Catholic education was the most valuable gift they could give their six children. In gratitude to their parents, the Veazey siblings created this scholarship, which provides December tuition assistance to an MCE family in financial need. Selection is made by the MCE administration.

Memorial Donations

Memorial Donations in the name of a loved one or friend can be made through the Development Office. All such donations are used to ensure the continuance of quality Catholic education in our community.

Annual Giving Appeal

The Annual Appeal is part of the overall development process at Mt. Carmel.  It is established to create and encourage regular giving for the needs of the school.
The yearly revisions of the MCE long range plan are the guidelines used to target the goals of the annual appeal. Each year 30% of the funds raised are used for curriculum and technology needs, the remaining 70% is dedicated to the needs stipulated in the long range plan.

 

Information about any of these funds can be obtained by calling the Mount Carmel Development Office at 898-9888.

If you wish to make a donation to any of these funds, please contact the Development Office at Mount Carmel or email Catherine Miller.


Mount Carmel Elementary

405 Park Avenue

Abbeville, LA 70510 337-898-0859

carmel@mceschool.com