What do I need to create a Newscast?
- Journal or composition for notes to begin
- Graphic Organizers (Webs to begin each segment) Helps build the
process with the children
- Create a sign with News name (Example: K-DOZ TV2)
- Signs for segments (National, State, Local, Parish, Weather, Sports,
- Create a back panels for back drop (Draped cheap material is great)
- Need a white piece on the panel to use as a "white screen" to show
segment names (Optional)
- If you work on the above, create a Powerpoint Slide Show to display
in the background as the reporters are reporting the news.
- Get a desk or small table
- Maps of US and State (for Weather)
- Get a digital video camera with appropriate extension cords and a
- Have a digital video tape for the camera
- Charge batteries for digital still camera
- Charge battery for digital video camera
- Digital Camera for photographs
- Film, memory stick, floppies, etc. for pictures
- Get a microphone if needed
- Prepare a lap top or computer/Projector to generate the background
pictures if necessary.
- Great to have on hand: straight pins, safety pins, scissors, large
tape (mailing), scotch tape, stapler, staples, etc.
- If capturing the video footage, a firewire
- CD or DVD, depending on what your choice is
For more information: Email Stacy Bodin
Back to KDOZ TV
2 Home Page