Setting up a new Computer:
- For PC, there are six cables that should be connected to the computer,
two power cords, a monitor cable, an Ethernet cord, a mouse cable and the keyboard cable.
- The monitor cable comes out of the monitor and looks like a D
with 9 or 15 pins inside of it. This plugs into a D-shaped outlet that has 9 of 15 holes in it.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the port (in the back of the computer)
that looks like a phone outlet. An Ethernet cable has ends that look like they have big phone
cable ends. The other end of this cable goes into the wall or a "hub" in your room.
- Connect the keyboard to the Keyboard port on the back of the computer.
Most PCs have a picture of the keyboard next to the port.
- Connect the mouse to its port on the backside of the computer
most PCs have a picture of a mouse next to the port. A few computers have serial mice that work
through the serial port. The Mouse will have a 9 pin D shaped male end and this will be plugged into the serial
port that is D-shaped with 9 holes in it.
- Finally, connect the power cords to the back of the computer and
the back of the monitor, and then to a power strip.
- Now you are ready to turn on your computer.
- If the problem still occurs after following this guide, report it by